Inside Sales Representative
Growth Machine is expanding quickly, and we need your help to grow even faster.
We've grown from 0 to 7-figures with our founder handling all the sales, but now we're bringing in our first sales reps. You'll work with our founder and to take our current sales process, master it, improve it, and help grow our business to the next level.
You'll learn a ton about how we use content marketing and SEO to grow new and established sites, and you'll get to work closely with our agency team to identify good fit clients, show them the benefits of investing in SEO, and bring them onboard.
This is an amazing role for an experienced, hungry individual who wants to have ownership of the sales process and make it their own.
So if you're a self-motivated sales person familiar with the digital marketing world, this may be your dream role.
Handle our inbound leads.
We get around 60 leads per month reaching out to work with us. You'll be in charge of qualifying these leads, contacting your share of them, and closing deals ranging from $30,000 to over $100,000.
This will include making sure they are good fits for us, understanding which of our services is the best fit for them, being able to communicate the value of working with us, and closing the deal to bring them in to the agency.
Build our outbound sales funnel.
Once you have a good handle on your portion of our inbound funnel, you'll work on building up our outbound sales funnel by identifying good-fit sites and pitching them on working with Growth Machine.
This is an area we've explored somewhat in the past, but haven't been able to pursue since our inbound volume has been high enough to keep us busy. But now that we're growing more, this will be an important source of new clients.
Assist in on-boarding new clients.
We want to make sure all of our clients are treated well and that we can make sure they're successful, so you'll be in charge of making sure their questions are answered and they feel excited to get started as you hand them off to the agency team that will be executing their project.
- You're experienced in high-value sales. If you haven't sold at least $100,000 of work in the last year, this role isn't for you. Most of our packages are $5,000-$12,000 per month, with six month minimums, so you should be experienced selling products or services in that range.
- You're familiar with SEO and content marketing. Personal experience with a blog or content site is a plus since you'll be speaking to a lot of heads of marketing and need to be able to come across as an authority representing our expertise.
- You're a self-starter. This is a role with a ton of room for growth. You need to be confident setting and hitting your own goals, and eventually leading other salespeople as we grow our team.
- You can close without being annoying. We don't want to hire "that sales guy." We've succeeded with softer, slow selling, and we have no interest in turning this into Wolf of Wall Street.
- You have great communication and people skills. You're experienced in and comfortable managing client expectations and making sure clients are well taken care of.
- You love systems. You're always looking for ways to improve the process, whether by adjusting, automating, or another way.
- Salary Plus Commission: You can earn $120k-$200k per year in this role, potentially more as the company continues to grow.
- Upward Mobility: You'll have the opportunity to move up to a Head of Sales role as the company and sales team grows.
- Remote Work: We’re a 100% remote company, so you can work anywhere in a US timezone. A few of us are in Austin, but you don't have to be.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- 401k: We have a 401k for all employees with a 4% match.
- Team Retreats: Three team trips per year to cities like Austin, LA, Chicago to get some time together in person.
- Vacation and Holiday: Four weeks of paid vacation, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year. You also get your birthday off!