Growth Machine is expanding quickly, and we need your help to produce the best content on the internet.
We’re hiring a full-time associate editor to assist with the process of producing articles for our clients. You would be responsible for making sure every article we produce is error-free, fits the client’s brand, and meets our company's high standards.
As one of the first employees of the company, you’d help strengthen the systems that allow us to grow multimillion dollar businesses. Plus, the articles you work on will be read by hundreds of thousands of people.
It's the perfect role for a skilled editor interested in a wide variety of areas, who doesn't want to be reading articles on the same subjects all day. And for someone who loves seeing the benefits of good writing, as our clients benefit from the work you'll be editing and publishing for them.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Editing articles we produce for clients to make sure they’re error-free and fit their voice.
- Working with a team of writers to provide feedback and help them improve their craft.
- Working with our editorial team to improve our editorial and publishing systems.
- Having the final say on when content is ready to go live on as many as a dozen different popular blogs.
- You’re a meticulous editor who errs on the side of more feedback, not less.
- You’re punctual — deadlines are not options for you.
- You’re a confident writer.
- You know AP Style like the back of your hand and can pick up client style guides with ease.
- You're comfortable using Wordpress and navigating a CMS.
- You have a systems-first approach to work, focusing on designing and perfecting repeatable methods instead of just completing tasks.
- You’re great at working independently, setting your own goals, and hitting them.
- It’s a bonus (but not mandatory) if you’ve successfully grown your own or a company blog, and have some experience managing other content producers.
- Remote Work: We’re a 100% remote company, so you can work anywhere from Pittsburgh to Phuket. A few of us are in Austin, but you don't have to be.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- 401k: We have a 401k for all employees with a 4% match.
- Profit Sharing: Each month we're profitable, a portion of that profit is split amongst the team.
- Team Retreats: Three team trips per year to cities like Austin, LA, Chicago to get some time together in person.
- Flexible Hours: Want to go to the gym in the afternoon or prefer working later in the day? Not a problem as long as your work is done.
- Vacation and Holiday: No limits on vacation time, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year. You also get your birthday off!